Managing change is difficult. It is hard to change the way you work and modify familiar processes to suit new needs and goals. Change can only be productive if the transition is successful. And to be successful, change needs to be properly integrated into the project initiative.
Building Change Management into Project Management Framework’s – Change Management plays a critical role throughout a project. Building Change Management into a project initiative:
- Builds an understanding of: The rationale for the initiative, Its implementation, Benefits and Timing.
- Equips the organizations leaders at all levels for their role in managing change and engaging their respective organizations in the change process.
- Informs, educates, and prepares stakeholders, including employees, clients, and partners, for the upcoming change, and
- Ensures stakeholders and users are informed and engaged throughout the project initiative.
Change Management Manuals – Developing department/agency centric approaches to managing change ensures the change and project management professionals have access to customized, non-proprietary tools that ensures that change management is seamlessly integrated into the organizations Project Management Framework. Whether you are PMI, Prosci, APMG, ACM or CCMP certified, a customized manual is useful in helping organizations effectively manage projects and change initiatives. Topic can include:
- Introduction to Change Management and Transformation
- Building Change Management into the Project Management Framework
- Creating a Change Management Roadmap
- Change Management Strategy Outline
- Change Management Surveys
- Technical Appendices
Change Management Training – Harley House brings customized change management training to your workplace with a range of group courses designed to help your teams manage change. Whether through classic group training or through our unique Integrated Training Approach we offer high-impact training that results in immediate and tangible results for your organization. Sample training courses include:
- Understanding Change
- Integrating Change Management into Your PMF
- Conducting a Change Management Development Strategy Session
- Building a Change Management Strategy
- Using Change Management Surveys
- Creating Sponsorship Roadmaps
- Designing Resistance Management Plans
Senior Change Management Support – Providing advice, coaching and ongoing support to departments and agencies relating to change management, stakeholder engagement, and communications. Specific support includes:
- Supporting senior executives in strategy development, decision-making, understanding client needs, and building strong relationships – this focus will also assume project management responsibilities and working in close collaboration with the cross-functional teams.
- Consulting with clients at all levels on projects to assess the level and impact of change and define a process for managing it.
- Designing detailed plans for each change project to document process, sponsor/stakeholder roles, outputs, and target dates.
- Identifying and managing change management related risks and issues and advising senior management on possible responses and actions.
- Articulating the drivers, benefits, and impact of change in a simple, clear, and compelling manner to stakeholders and impacted audiences.
- Preparing written, digital, video, and verbal communications material contextually and graphically oriented to different internal and external communities, levels, and mediums in support of the change management plan and strategy.
Getting the people, processes, approaches and information in place to succeed in the field of communications has never been more challenging. Harley House Consultants can help make it happen:
Audits and Organizational Studies – Ensure you are maximizing service delivery AND efficiency through a targeted organizational study of your communications shop, its structures or procedures. Now more than ever communications groups must get the most out of their resources and change with the times. Harley House Consultants has the expertise and hands-on experience to make Audits and Organizational studies work for you.
Communications Training – Harley House brings communications training to your workplace with a range of group courses designed to help your employees succeed. Whether through classic group training or through our unique Integrated Training Approach we offer high-impact training that results in immediate and tangible results for your organization.
Performance Measurement – Years of experience in communications performance measurement and up-to-date knowledge of current challenges and practices in government allow Harley House to help you develop powerful performance measurement frameworks and programs.
Using the Harley House Communications Review Framework, we build practical measurement programs that target priorities and get to the root issues surrounding success and client satisfaction.
Environmental Scans and Analysis – Understanding audiences is key to effective communications plans and services. Harley House brings its extensive government communications experience to bear in analysing what really matters in the public environment surrounding your issues.
Strategic Planning – Tune up your alignment with departmental and government-wide priorities through one of several Harley House planning services:
- Strategic corporate plans
- Communications plans and strategies
- Facilitation of strategic planning sessions
- Work plans
At Harley House Consultants Inc. we help our clients manage internal and external relationships with key stakeholder groups to ensure the long-term success and effectiveness of the organization.
The Six Relationships of Highly Effective Organizations
Government relations is the systematic effort to influence the actions and policies of government to help achieve objectives or protect interests in a way that reflects well on the organization and the decision-makers involved.
Community relations involve establishing a two-way rapport with the community, raising and maintaining the organization's public profile and ensuring broad public input into the decision-making process to build buy-in and support for decisions made.
Employee relations involve practices that impact the management and regulation of relationships between the organization, individual staff members, and groups of individuals within the organization.
Investor relations are the activities through which an organization consciously builds relationships with current and potential investors, funding bodies, financial analysts and the media to ensure it has not only their confidence, but access to all the funds it requires at the most favourable rate and lowest fees.
Media relations refers to the relationship that an organization develops with media representatives to gather and distribute information. It involves working directly with reporters, as well as persons responsible for the editorial (news and features), public service and sponsorship programming products of the media.
Client relations are the interactions that an organization has with its clients/users and how it engages with them to solicit feedback, provide information, consult and collaborate. A client is an individual, company or organization that is a recipient of a product, service or program.
Relationship Centered Model Services
Audits and Evaluations - We conduct audits and evaluations of the organizations' relationships to determine if the organization has a clear sense of who their key stakeholder groups are, how various stakeholders perceive the organization, and how economical, efficient, and effective are stakeholder engagement programs and activities?
Training - We develop and deliver customized training programs for organizations to improve the effectiveness of their engagement with key stakeholder groups. We also provide syndicated training programs for Client, Media, Investor, Employee, Community and Government Relations
Policy & Procedures - We prepare policies and procedures to ensure that the organization has processes in place to maximize the effectiveness of its engagement activities. Customized Policy and Procedures Manuals provide guidelines, checklists and examples that are tailored to meet the requirements of individual clients. Each manual is drafted in a user-friendly format for ease of use and quick reference.
Tracking - We employ a series of primary and secondary data tracking tools aimed at helping organizations keep a finger on the pulse of what stakeholder groups are saying and thinking about the organization. We can develop and implement customized tools for clients, employ standard tools, or train staff on how to implement, analyze and report on ongoing tracking tools such as Employee, Management Team, Client and Community Surveys, Stakeholder Group Monitoring, Social and Traditional Media Monitoring and Analysis, as well as Public Enquiry Tracking.
Coaching - We work with our clients and their management teams to ensure that their organizations are effectively adopting the Relationship Centered Model concept to maximize the effectiveness of their engagement activities. This includes the provision of training services, providing guidance and assistance in the implementation of policies and procedures, attending management meetings, and assisting in the development of management action plans.
Please go to our Relationship Centered Model page to learn more about the six relationships of highly effective organizations.
Start a Conversation and
Let's Get Together
Feel free to tell us about your timeline and budget. We are direct to the point with our abilities and pricing, and knowing your objective means we don't miss the target. Please fill in the below form or call us 613-882-5684. 613-882-5684.
70 Sunvale Way